I am sure you remember the post BREAKING NEWS. If you don’t here is the link.
I was served this LEGAL NOTICE in the context of the post on SILENT VOICE. Here is the link for that post.
Here is our reply to the LEGAL NOTICE. We thank our readers for standing by us. It gives us the courage and strength to face any adverse situation.
OUR LADY OF NAZARETH CHURCH, BHAYANDER;
OUR REPLY TO THE LEGAL NOTICE
GREG R PEREIRA
A7 Rodrigues Compound, Malwani Village, Marve Rd.
Malad (W), Mumbai – 400095;
Contact: Cell: 9870719628; E Mail: email@example.com
To, 11th, May, 2016;
Adv. Vishalkumar S. Kothari,
Office No. 1, Jay Shree Ram Kutir,
Besides Dena Bank,
Station Road, Bhayander (West),
Dist. Thane – 401101;
Sub: Legal Notice to the undersigned.
I am in receipt of your Legal Notice dated 23/04/2016 to which here is my reply.
Before dealing with the questions that you have raised, I wish to explain to you about myself, the blog and our activities through it.
I am a Christian of Roman Catholic denomination belonging to Archdiocese of Mumbai and an EAST INDIAN to the core, son of the soil; proud of my religion and culture; am prepared to go to any length to protect integrity of my MOTHER CHURCH and COMMUNITY.
CATHOLICS FOR TRUTH TRANSPARENCY AND WEEDING OF CORRUPT PRACTICES AT PARISH LEVEL, is our motto. We take up the issues, good as well as bad and undesirable happenings in parishes within Archdiocese and put them in public domain to make them aware. We are the VOICE OF SILENT MAJORITY, who is ignored and neglected by parish authorities within Archdiocese of Mumbai. We give the silent majority our voice and take up their matter with Hierarchy and/or in public domain, as the situation demands.
My response to your LEGAL NOTICE:
- I am aware of identity and activities of your client, Bhayander East Indian Gavki Mandal (BEIGM), though I wasn’t aware about the name of its chairman till date. Thank you for informing me.
- I do not deny that I am operating a Blog named SILENT VOICE on wordpress.com site and it is true, what you have mentioned about its activity. It has also been stated in the introduction above.
- I do not deny that an article has been placed as named,” SAD story of GOOD FRIDAY, at a Parish in the Archdiocese of Bombay” on the said Blog, during the period mentioned by you.
- I staunchly deny your allegations that I have made defamatory remarks about your clients and its chairman. The article clearly carries the name of the person who has written the letter and forwarded to many others, including Cardinal Oswald Gracias and Parish Priest of Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayander. The letter has been posted on FaceBook as well.
As per the policy of SILENT VOICE, the writer of the letter or any other matter, is responsible and not the owner/editor of the blog.
The name of the writer of the letter is: Noel Corriea, who is the parishioner of Our Lady of Nazareth Church; as reputed a person as your client. His contact details are as follow:
104 Reema Apartment
Bakol Street, Bhayander (W),
Thane – 401101;
- I do not deny that your client is respectable association and it has derived respect from trust, faith and good work of the members of you client since past several years.
- I do not deny that the president and other members of your client are highly respectable men of the society.
- I have no comments to offer on the remarks and its effect on your client, since it is attributed to the said Mr. Noel Corriea, who is also the parishioner of Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayander; as reputed as your client, if not more.
- I have no comments to offer on the remarks and its effect on your client, since it is attributed to the said Mr. Noel Corriea, who is also the parishioner of Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayander; as reputed as your client, if not more. I sympathise with your client’s suffering reputation and lowered estimation of friends and general public.
- I refuse to accept that your client is unaware of the source of information for publication. The name of the source, Mr. Noel Corriea has clearly been mentioned in the article. Mr. Noel Corriea, who is a parishioner of Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayander; as reputed and respected as your client, if not more. He too is as active as your client in Our Lady of Nazareth Parish, Bhayander; and it is unbelievable that your client does not know his identity. I do not wish to comment on my knowledge of Constitution of India. I deny that the article has been published to cause slander to anyone, but to bring it into public domain the undesirable happenings within a HOUSE OF GOD, bringing disrepute to MOTHER CHURCH, which seem to have hurt the members of the Catholic Community present on the occasion. Hence, Mr. Noel Corriea wrote his feelings on paper and distributed to various reputed personalities of the community, including some mentioned above.
- As regards to point Nos. 10 to 14, they are repeat of the same as earlier points. Hence, have nothing more to say since they are covered in the above statement some way or the other.
- TRUTH PREVAILS and AS YOU SOW SO SHALL YOU REAP are some of the values of Christianity, taught by Lord Jesus Christ; and every Christian adheres to follow them in action, religiously. Reputation of every human being is INVALUABLE. It cannot be valued in terms of any currency. Your client’s valuation of his own reputation at such a meager amount has surprised me. It has also enlightened me of the real intention of your client. However, any dictat of your client is unacceptable to me.
However, if your client has something to explain, he can write to us and we shall put up his views on the blog, SILENT VOICE. Nevertheless, this matter will be published in order to make our readers aware.
I would like to mention something out of context but related to similar matter. In the year 2009 or around then; similar incident had occurred on one of the holiest days in Christian calendar, THE MAUNDY THURSDAY, during the prayer service. It is reliably learnt that a commission of inquiry was also established by Cardinal Oswald Gracias, the Archbishop of Bombay to look into it. I am not sure if your client remembers the incident.
GREG R. PEREIRA
Copy To: Noel Corriea
104 Reema Apartment
Bakol Street, Bhayander (W),
Thane – 401101;